Friday, March 16, 2007

Classic Shoot'em up - Kobo Deluxe

I've been playing with this open source space shooter called Kobo Deluxe and believe me, it is insanely addictive. I have been playing it for the past two weeks and I just found myself stealing every possible chance to play this game.



The game play is simple: shoot everything and avoid everything. To pass a level, you have to destroy all the alien fortresses. Every fortresses has a core, which if you destroy it, the rest of the fortress will just collapse. Of course, typical cannon and alien spaceships are there to stop you. As you proceed through the 50 levels (what I heard, I am still stuck at level 44), the game is getting tougher and almost impossible.



The graphics and sounds are simple and nice. Besides being free, it can be played on various platforms such as Windows (95 to XP), Mac OS, Linux, Xbox, Palm and PocketPC, just to name a few. You can visit their download page to download of check it out whether your operating system is supported or not.



As for me, this is just the perfect game to kill a few minutes.

No comments: