Monday, April 02, 2007

Overpaid parking fees

What happens when you overpaid your parking fees and there is not enough change in the Autopay station?



This is a question that crossed my mind, and my conclusion is that the machine will just reject your notes and insists on exact amount when it run out of coins. Apparently things can be done in a different way. I was paying for my parking on Sunday when I noticed that the Autopay machine took so much longer to process my ticket after I put in my note. Since there is no response from the machine, no message, nothing, I was getting a bit worried when the machine prompted me to get my 'change'. Funny things was, there is no coin; just a slip. I picked that up and it reads that I had overpaid and I should collect my change in the parking service booth.



Although it took me a while to find the parking service booth, I managed to get my change back. I might want to find out more about the system, but when I recall that paid tickets will be invalid in 15 minutes, I made a wise decision to finding my way to the nearest exit instead.

No comments: