Saturday, April 07, 2007

Study Group, Anyone?

Well, today we started to have a small study group. The youths call it a tuition, but I think it was more like a study group to me. They regard me as the teacher, but it's been such a long time since I first last touch all those topics back in my school that I have to go through it for a while before I can "teach" them.



I'm not sure about the youths, but it was real fun to me. Revising those maths questions which I had long forgot, I found it interesting to study without the pressure. However explaining the formulas and making sure your "students" understand is much harder than to understand it yourself, so it is not surprising that I was sweating all the time trying to explain those formulas while I try to understand them myself. Nevertheless, it is really encouraging when I see the look on their faces when they got the ideas, and the reward is really priceless.



The session was only for one and a half hour, but this is only for a start. Hopefully we have more people joining and have more qualified teachers than I am. Anyway, meantime, I'll be the one running the show.

No comments: