Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Comments enabled, and it is not that scary

Today I decided to enable comments on the blog. Why? Because I came across some posts which I would like to share with the author, and I find comment is a great way to leave my opinion on the spot. But why didn't I enable comment previously? Well because I don't want to let spammers spam my blogs. After considering both pros and cons, I decided to take some time to moderate my comments everyday rather than not letting my readers share their thoughts with me.

So for those who wants to enable comments on their blog, this is my settings with the reasons behind. You are free to follow, or even better, comment if I've done something wrong.

Who Can Comment? Anyone (I don't want to discriminate anyone).
Comments Default for Posts: New Posts Have Comments (not sure what it is, but no harm)
Backlinks: Show (might as well)
Backlinks Default for Posts (again, don't know what it is, try)
Show comments in a popup window? Yes (navigating away from my blog is more annoying than a popup window)
Enable comment moderation? Yes (I hate spams)
Show word verification for comments? Yes (One way to hinder spammers)

I am not sure how well it works, just keep my fingers crossed.




Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: