Thursday, June 14, 2007

Don't buy from a handphone stall, if you want an original phone

A mine of mine bought a handphone from a handphone stall in a plaza.He requested for an original phone which he is willing to pay the price. However, when he wentback home, he found that it was an AP set (i.e. not original). Of course he was very upset because he paid the price of an original set. So, he went back to argue with the stall owner.



You should have know the result: the owner denied that he told my friend that it was an original set. And obviously my friend can't get anything more than an extended warranty, from the stall itself instead of the authorised dealer. That means, if anytime the stall went out of business, my friend might have some problem to get his handphone fixed if it has any problems.



He asked for my advice over the phone, and the only thing I can say is that: learn the lesson.



In my opinion, if you want an original set, by all means buy from a reputable shop (and not a stall). If you want something cheap, then settle on an AP set (with a lower price), and hope that the stall is still around when you need it. Other than that, if you have a friend who buys lot of phones, get him/her to recommend  a reputable stall, although I don't see any reason why you want to do that. For me, the money saved does not justify the risk that you are taking. And always sign the warranty card on the spot, making sure that it was from the authorised distributor.



Well, just my two cents.









Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: