Friday, June 22, 2007

Helping others is just...

We all have experiences where we helped somebody, we got blamed or taken for granted instead of being appreciated. We heard news about people who offer help became victims of robbery, or being cheated, or any other thing except a thank you.I think that's the main reason why me and people around me tend to avoid those who need help.



So when I saw this lady who just met with a minor accident try to start her bike in the middle of the road, I intended to drive on. It was a minor accident, she was the only one involved. She seemed OK, so was her bike. I believe that within minutes she will be fine. However, there was this voice in my mind that reminded me that her situation was still risky. She was try to start her bike in the middle of the road, and it was just right after a left turn that other motorist might not be able to see her. So I pull over and asked her to stay away and I pushed her bike to the side of the road. Then I helped her to start her bike again and make sure she is OK.



She didn't say much except "Thank you". However, to me, that two words really made my day as I move on to start my day of work. Helping others is just... priceless.





Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: