Thursday, June 07, 2007

Working with a friend is fun

I was told to check on the speakers for the coming charity fair when I drop by my church to check things out. Apparently nothing much has been done on it: the cables are not ready, and the speakers, they are still sitting nicely in the boxes. Since I won't be handling the PA system on the actual day, I called up my friend to remind him of things to be done.



"Well, I can come over if you want." He told me over the phone. That is very helpful of him, and I sure want some company. Knowing that he doesn't have his own transport, I asked him how he is suppose to come.



"I'll get my mom to send me over."



However I don't really want to trouble his mother, so I told him that I'll go and pick him up.



"Sure."



15 minutes later, we were fixing the cables. None of us are familiar with the new jacks for the speakers, so we spent some time to figure it out. Then we unpacked the speakers and setup the whole PA system to make sure everything is working fine. Things are going quite well, so we take our time to test the sound quality, playing a nice song over and over again.



After making sure everything is working, we packed the speakers back to the boxes, ready to be moved to the venue on Saturday. Since it was kind of late, we didn't go for a drink. However, it has been quite some time since I enjoy working with someone. Most of the time, people don't want to contribute and just blame one another for everything that fails. I am glad that I have a friend whom I can work with, knowing that we did whatever we can to accomplish our goal.





Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: